Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #19



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review. 


I had an eventful weekend last week (I'm a little behind on getting this up). We went to the Manatee  Festival a few towns away and looked at the local arts and crafts vendors. We never leave an event like that without some fresh kettle corn. On the way home, we stopped at the only bookstore within an hour's drive for the first time. It was all second hand books for very expensive prices. I searched the entire store but only found a worn copy of 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' by Hunter S. Thompson for $5.


After I bought it, the owner told me he had a signed first edition of the same book.

We also stopped at two thrift stores on the way home because we only go driving out that way a few times a year. I spent $4.24 in all at both thrift stores. Here's what I got!

Top Shelf


(Left to Right)

1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
2. Taggerung by Brian Jacques
3. Mossflower by Brian Jacques
4. Mattimeo by Brian Jacques
5. Circle of Magic: Tris's Book by Tamora Pierce

(Top to Bottom)
6. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7. The Misadventures of Maude March by Audrey Couloumbis
8. Becoming Jane by Sheila Kohler

Bottom Shelf:




(Top to Bottom)

9. Changing Planes by Ursula K. Leguin
10. Hokkus Pokkus by Kurt Vonnegut
11. Witch Hunt: History of a Persecution by Nigel Cawthorne (non-fiction)
12. The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Book 1) The Fallen by Liz Braswell
13. The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead
14. The Billionaire's Curse (The Archer Legacy: Book 1) by Richard Newsome

----------------------

Have you read any of these? What did you add to your shelves this week? Leave a link below and I will check out your STS and blog! :)

4 comments:

  1. You got some great books! I hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of many of these...well, just Farm Boy really. I hope you enjoy them all. :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with a lot of these, but I hope you enjoy them! My STS

    ReplyDelete