Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #22


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.


Top Shelf


Sisters Red by Jackson Pierce
Sweetly by Jackson Pierce

(I picked up Sisters Red at a thrift store along with the books on the bottom shelf. I read it last year and wasn't too thrilled by it but I thought it was good. My library doesn't have Sweetly so I thought I wasn't going to get to finish the series but then I saw it in Big Lots for $3 just 2 days after finding Sisters Red. $3 is a pretty good price for a brand new hardcover book, even if it is one of those books that most people wouldn't bother with. I have a sister that would love this series to death, though.)

Bottom Shelf


Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy by Wendelin Van Draanen
The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian

--------------------------

I ordered some books from bookoutlet a few days ago so look forward to that haul! It was my first time ever buying books on the internet. I can see it becoming a 'thing' because the closest bookstore to me is over an hour's drive away. So disappointing but thankfully I'm blessed with thrift stores! 

--------------------------

Have you read any of these books?
What did you add to your shelves this week? 

7 comments:

  1. I heard great things about some of your books but haven't read any. I hope you"ll like them all. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books yet. They look fabulous though. I hope you enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard or read any of these books. Awesome stack.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome! Hope you enjoy them all & Happy late Valentine's Day!

    My STS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books!

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul. I recently saw a great review of Sisters Red and have been tempted to pick it up ever since. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete