Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 Read-a-thon GOALS


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

------

We're only a day or two away from the start of the read-a-thon and I still have no idea what I'm going to read! I did a sign-up post but forgot about the goals! 
So, I'm going to spend this post throwing together a pile of short, quick reads from my personal library to possibly read. Maybe keeping a pile in my view will help me read a little bit more than I have in the past few months! 

So the MAYBE'S are: 

 Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
James Franco adapted this into a film recently (I think it released August 1st) and I added it to my 'Books to Movies I'm Anticipating List' so I definitely need to read it so I can watch the film. 

Night by Elie Wiesel
This one is pretty short, on a lot of lists, and I've been putting it off for too long. 


Like Pickle Juice On A Cookie by Julie Sternberg
Like Bug Juice on A Burger by Julie Sternberg
Like Carrot Juice on A Cupcake by Julie Sternberg
I was sent these by the author a few months ago and have yet to get around to them. They are short, simple, and illustrated so I am definitely going to push myself to read these this week! 


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I really wanted to hold off on reading Cinder until I could at least get my hands on Scarlet but I've been waiting so long and I really want to read it now.

Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard
I didn't get around to reading this last year and meant to read it over the summer. Technically August is still summer so I still have time, right? 

Here's to hoping that I can find the time during this read-a-thon week to read a few of these! 
-----
Are you participating in the Bout of Books 11.0 Read-a-thon? What are you planning on reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment