Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #39


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.

{Covers link to Goodreads}

WON


Storm Siren by Mary Weber
A big thanks to Justin from A Bibliophile's Reverie!


Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday
Many thanks to Sarah @ The Best Books Ever for this awesome signed copy! I LOVE both Poe and Stevenson and am eager to see how they tie together in this Gothic tale! 

FOR REVIEW


The Pollan Family Table Cookbook
(from Goodreads)
I'm excited to try some recipes from this book soon! The few cookbooks I own are from thrift stores and very outdated, dingy, and dusty and I don't like browsing through them anywhere near my kitchen. I've only glanced through this so far but there are a lot of great recipes that I want to try this winter and plenty more that I want to try in the spring with fresh veggies and herbs from my garden! :) 

------

What did you add to your shelves this week? 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books this week. I hope you love Storm Siren, it has such a pretty cover.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Storm Siren is even prettier in person! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Storm Siren is even prettier in person! :)

      Delete
  2. Of Monsters and Madness! Didn't really enjoy that one, took a lot of liberties with the timelines that makes it all just stupid really. :(

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. A signed copy of Of Monsters and Madness is amazing! I haven't read it yet but I'm obsessed with Poe stories. =)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have STORM SIREN and OF MONSTERS AND MADNESS, but I haven't read either of them yet. But I'm really looking forward to STORM SIREN! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies this week! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some great things about Storm Siren, and that is has a crazy ending! Of Monsters and Madness sounds creepy, but interesting, too. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete