Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #67

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.
----------------
I only have a couple this week!

PURCHASED


Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee - It's been too long since I read To Kill A Mockingbird so I'll need to do a re-read before getting to this. (Hardcover)

The Beach by Alex Garland - I want to say that this one is on the '1001 Books to Read Before You Die' list. Or maybe it was some other list. It was also adapted into a movie with Leonardo Dicaprio back in the 90's (?). (Hardcover)

BORROWED

Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine - The sequel to Ink and Bone, this is an alternate history where the library of Alexandria survives and controls everything. 

Did you get anything good this week? 

8 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope these are all good. I think I saw part of the movie version of The Beach, but not the whole thing. Hopefully the book is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember watching the movie around the time that it came out but I don't really remember what happens so hopefully it's been long enough that I can enjoy the book. :)

      Delete
  3. Quite honestly, I've never been a fan of To Kill a Mockingbird. Probably because I had to read it for school, but the story itself never resonated with me.

    As for Rachel Caine, I've read many of her books, but I've yet to read this particular series. Going to have to look into it!

    Thanks for stopping by Tynga's Reviews!
    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading it a couple times for school but it's been so long.
      Ink and Bone was my first Rachel Caine. I don't think I'll be the biggest fan of her writing style but the stories themselves are pretty unique. :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I've heard awesome things about Rachel Caine's novels.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Rachel Caine's Ink and Bone. I actually checked a book called Ink and Bone, but it was from another author (Lisa Unger)! Actually, it was really good. There is a whole publishing back story that you should know about prior to reading Go Set A Watchman. It is essentially a first draft of a book. The characters changed significantly by the time Harper Lee completed To Kill A Mockingbird. It is worth a read just to catch a glimpse of the writing process.

    ReplyDelete