Saturday, August 20, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #70

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.
----------------

FOR REVIEW

The Dream (the Rahtrum Chronicles #1) by R.K. McLay - A YA fantasy set in the Yukon Territory that is filled with mythical creatures and magic.
The Cartographer's Daughter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave - a middle-grade fantasy from the author of 'The Girl of Ink and Stars'.

Thank you Netgalley!

IN MY MAILBOX

I was lucky enough to win a BEA Grab Bag from the very lovely Laura over at 125 Pages a couple of months ago and she sent me a few extra goodies and even though it's almost a month early I am totally counting that gift card as a birthday gift and buying myself a few books off my wishlist! 
Many, many thanks and hugs to Laura for being so awesome! 

GIFTED/WON

The Quest for Merlin (Magimakia #1) by Rafael Lovato  
Shadow Angels by Richard R. Hall 
Thank you to the authors and BeachBoundBooks. 

BORROWED
A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab - I wasn't expecting this one to come in until next month so I'm  pretty darn close to forsaking the majority of my TBR list to read this next (I'm almost done with the first book). I do have other library books that are almost overdue though so we'll see. Also, I made bookmarks that match this cover and I'm giving one away

Return (Journey Trilogy #3) by Aaron Becker - We received the first two books in the mail a week or so ago and I've been holding off on 'reading' them to the kiddo until we picked this up from the library. I'm going to have to purchase it and complete the trilogy for our shelves because these books are so beautiful and imaginative. 

2 comments:

  1. Lucky! You have Girl in Pieces. Been wanting to read that one. I hope you enjoy the books you've hauled! ;)

    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete