Saturday, March 25, 2017

April 2017 Most Anticipated Releases


April looks like it will be an awesome month for new releases!
Here are a few of the ones I'm most anticipating. 

April 4th


Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren - (Middle Grade) I was lucky enough to get an eARC of this book and really enjoyed it!
Journey Across the Hidden Islands by Sarah Beth Durst - (Middle Grade) I've heard great things about this author's fantasy novels so I'm super excited to read her middle-grade fantasy adventure.


Red Sister by Mark Lawrence - (Adult) Female assassins! I haven't read anything by this author yet but I want to so maybe I'll start with this. 
The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf - (Adult) If you know me at all, you'll know that I can't really pass up a book with a dragon in it! 

April 11th


The Star Thief by Lindsey Becker - (Middle Grade) A sky full of stars that come to life to fight a war. A girl with wings. This really does sound fantastic.
Dream Magic by Joshua Khan - (Middle Grade) This is the sequel to Shadow Magic, which I really enjoyed. It's full of magic, darkness, necromancy, and more! 


Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis - (Young Adult) This sounds like it will have amazing worldbuilding and I'm very interested in the 'sacrifice' to save the realm aspect. 
Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer - (Young Adult) This is a Sleeping Beauty retelling but about Aurora's sister trying to save her.
The Freemason's Daughter by Shelley Sackler - (Young Adult) This is marketed as a YA Outlander. I did just read that so I'm very intrigued, but I love historical fiction in general anyway.

April 25th

Skullsworn by Brian Staveley - (Adult) I can't pass up a title like that. Plus it's a standalone fantasy! We need more of those. 


What April releases are you excited about?

1 comment:

  1. Love that cover for Prisoner of Ice and Snow! There are so many nice MG covers now. Red sister sounds pretty good too. Female assassins and dragons are a plus for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete