Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #103 - Detailed Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Cover Theme Freebie! 


I was looking through my Goodreads TBR using the covers option and realized that I love intricate covers. Especially if they are illustrated. So I rounded up a bunch of my favorites.

I'm leaving this all 'big' so you can see the details! 


The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman & illustrated by Chris Riddell - This is just gorgeous. Riddell is such an amazing artist and does an awesome job with Gaiman's work. 
Unnatural Creatures by Neil Gaiman - I love the border art on this. Both of these are on my wishlist because Gaiman is one of my top faves. 


The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly - This cover drew me in a few years ago and I've been on the lookout for it ever since.


Summer and Bird by Katherine Catmull -  I love the swan and all of the other birds perched on the border. 
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier - Lots of gorgeous swirls and whorls. 



The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo - This one isn't out yet but gosh this cover makes me want to pre-order. 
Delphine by Richard Sula - This one is pretty simplistic in a way but I still love the vines.


Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho - I'm not actually sure what this one is about but I love that cover.
The Marvels by Brian Selznick - I love the colors in this one. Plus, Selznick's books always have amazing artwork.


Have you read any of these? Do you like busy covers or do you like minimalist covers more? 

3 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Loved The Book of Lost Things some many years ago! LOL! STILL need to read Ruby Red and I cannot wait for The Language of Thorns! Great topic and picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sleeper and the Spindle is nice, and I love that cover of Summer and Bird (it might be my favorite). But I also like The Language of Thorns, and delphine too (that one is new to me, very nice).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are gorgeous covers. I don't think I realized how beautiful these intricate designs could be.

    ReplyDelete